Food is cultural, deeply personal and transformative – acting as fuel for daily energy and having the power to slow disease progression. One size does not fit all when it comes to nutrition, so knowing the right foods to eat can be complicated. WellPlan specialists are here to help navigate through various nutritional and exercise challenges including disease and weight management.
How does WellPlan decide what I need?
Counseling is dependent upon the goals and unique circumstances of each individual. Our goal is to create sensible strategies that will be maintained long-term to help you reach optimal health. Guidance is based on the latest evidence and knowledge of nutrition while at the same time considering patient’s likes and dislikes. Laboratory reports and health history also are reviewed to discuss nutritional needs and meal planning.
For what ages does WellPlan provide counseling?
All ages; from prenatal to geriatrics and everything in-between.
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
You are free to call us at any time to schedule an appointment with or without a referral! However, it is always a good idea to speak with your doctor who knows your health history the best. WellPlan specialists work with your doctor as needed in order to develop individualized plans that will enhance your health no matter what challenges you face.
Will insurance cover the cost of my visit?
Most diabetes consultations are covered by insurance. Other disease-specific or weight management visits may vary. Check with your insurance provider or call our office to figure out if your visit is covered.
Licensed dietitians specialize in:
- Eating disorders, compulsive eating, anorexia, bulimia
- Compulsive eating
- Diabetes Management & education
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Insulin pump therapy
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Heart Health
- Cholesterol reduction
- Weight Management
- Obesity – Childhood & Adult
- Prenatal & Infant Nutrition
- Food Allergies & Intolerances
- Renal (Kidney) Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Gastric reflux
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s/Ulcerative Colitis)
- Sports Nutrition
Exercise physiologists specialize in:
- General Exercise Counseling
- Weight loss
- Diabetes management
- Improved fitness
- Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
- Personalized Exercise Plans
- Strength Training
- Aerobic Fitness Evaluations
- Body Fat Analysis (skinfold calipers)
- Submaximal Fitness Testing (Astrand Cycle Ergometer testing)
- Maximal Aerobic Capacity Testing (VO2 max)
Free Diabetes Education Classes
WellPlan partners with other health professionals in the community to offer free diabetes classes. These classes are for people newly diagnosed with diabetes or those needing a refresher to improve diabetes management. Sessions are offered throughout the year at Salina Regional Health Center and cover a range of topics including:
- Healthy eating with diabetes
- Monitoring blood sugars and exercising
- Medication and prevention of complications
Call 785-452-7600 for more information or view upcoming classes on SRHC.com by clicking here.
Dietitian & Diabetes Educator
Dietitian & Diabetes Educator